Here are a few key works describing the Nengo and the Neural Engineering Framework. Nengo has been used in over 100 publications (for a partial list see the CNRG lab website.):
- [Spaun paper] Eliasmith, C., Stewart T. C., Choo X., Bekolay T., DeWolf T., Tang Y., Rasmussen, D. (2012). A large-scale model of the functioning brain. Science. Vol. 338 no. 6111 pp. 1202-1205.
- [NEF book] Eliasmith, C., Anderson, C.H. (2003). Neural engineering: Computation, representation, and dynamics in neurobiological systems. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press.
- [NEF paper summary] Eliasmith, C. (2005). A unified approach to building and controlling spiking attractor networks. Neural computation. 7, 1276-1314.
- [NEF for cognition paper] Stewart, T.C., Bekolay, T., Eliasmith, C. (2011). Neural Representations of Compositional Structures: Representing and Manipulating Vector Spaces with Spiking Neurons. Connection Science. 22(3), 145-153.
- [Nengo description] Stewart, T.C., Tripp, B., Eliasmith, C. (2009). Python scripting in the Nengo simulator. Frontiers in Neuroinformatics. 3(7)